cheese garlic toast
- Ingredients (american measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 5 to 6 bread slices or 8 to 9 baguette slices - whole wheat bread, oats bread, brown bread or white bread
- 2.5 to 3 tbsp salted butter at room temperature
- 1.5 tsp finely chopped or minced garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped celery (optional)
- black pepper as required (optional)
- grated mozzarella + cheddar cheese as required
preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/356 degrees F.
mix the finely chopped garlic and celery with the butter and stir briskly till the butter become smooth, light and fluffy.
slice the bread from the loaf or baguette.
spread the garlic butter on the bread slices.
if using unsalted butter, sprinkle some salt on the bread.
top with grated cheese.
place the bread on a cookie sheet or wired rack and keep in the pre heated oven.
bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C/356 degrees F, for 7 to 8 mins or till the cheese melts.
if you want the cheese to be golden and the bread to be toasted very well, than you have to bake for a longer time.
remove and slice the toasts.
serve cheese garlic toast hot sprinkled with red chili flakes and with a cheesy dip or guacamole or tomato ketchup.