- for the tempering:
- Ingredients (american measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- for the salad
- 4-5 small cucumbers/kakdi - approx 21/2 to 3 cups
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup freshly grated coconut
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice - can be added more or less
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves/dhania
- salt & sugar as required
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds/rai
- 7-9 curry leaves/kadi patta
rinse and peel the cucumbers. chop them finely. keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
now squeeze water from them and put them all in a bowl.
in a mortar and pestle, coarsely crush the roasted peanuts.
mix the peanuts, coconut, lemon juice, coriander leaves with the cucumber.
heat oil. first fry the mustard seeds till they pop. add the curry leaves and fry for some seconds.
pour this entire tempering mixture in the bowl of cucumber.
toss well. just before serving add some sugar and salt.
mix well and serve khamang kakdi.