- 7 ounces dried cavatelli or wagon wheel macaroni
- 12 ounces uncooked Italian sausage links, sliced 1/2 inch thick, or lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 26-ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 55mins
1.Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
2.In a large skillet cook the sausage, onion, and garlic until sausage is brown; remove from skillet.
3.In a large bowl stir together pasta sauce, 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, and the pepper. Add the cooked pasta and the drained sausage mixture. Sir gently to combine. Spoon the mixture into a 2-quart casserole.*
4.Bake, covered, in a 375 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until nearly heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.