Apple Smoked Bacon, White Cheddar And Potato Omelet
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large Idaho potato peeled, grated
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 pound apple smoked bacon cooked until crispy
- 3 ounces white Cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Preheat a stove-top or electric griddle, over medium-high heat.
Using a hand grater, grate the potato onto a clean cloth towel. Squeeze out any liquid into a bowl. Melt the butter on the griddle. Place an even layer of the potatoes over the griddle. Season with salt and pepper. Using a metal spatula, flip the potatoes over occasionally until the potatoes are crispy and golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the eggs in a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until the eggs are frothy. Pour the eggs over the potatoes. Cook for about 1 minute. Sprinkle the bacon and cheese over the egg potato mixture and continue to cook for about 1 minute. Using the metal spatula, fold the omelet into thirds. Continue to cook for about 30 seconds on both sides.
Remove from the griddle. Slice the omelet in half and place on serving plates. Garnish with chives.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.5/5 (397 Votes)
- Crock Pot Sour Cream & Bacon... 4.5/5 (311 Votes)