Pappardelle with Leeks, Sugar Snap Peas, and Lemon
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 medium leeks (white and pale-green parts only), cut into thin half-moons and rinsed well
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut in half crosswise (optional)
- 3/4 pound dried pappardelle or other flat egg noodles
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, grated (3/4 cup)
1.While bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks and a pinch of salt; cook until leeks begin to soften and are bright in color, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until very tender, about 5 more minutes. Turn off heat. Finely grate zest of lemons directly into skillet, and season generously with pepper.
2.When water boils, add sugar snap peas to boiling water, and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes. Transfer peas to a plate using a strainer.
3.Add pasta to boiling water, and cook until just tender, about 4 minutes (do not drain water). Transfer pasta to skillet using the strainer. Add sugar snap peas. Gradually stir in 1 cup pasta water, about 1/2 cup at a time, alternating with ricotta and half the Pecorino and tossing until pasta is coated and sauce is creamy.
4.Divide among 4 bowls, and top with remaining grated cheese.
You'll also love
- Turkey Stuffing Divan 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salad: Grilled Peach with Balsamic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herb Roasted Baby Boomer Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cabbage Rolls II 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fruit Salad with Strawberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Uncle Bubba's Key Lime Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Parsley Butter Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)