Molasses Cookies with Peanut Butter Glaze
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, as room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk or cream
- 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter (not natural or old-fashioned)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
Preparation time 28mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat oven to 375*F. Whisk flour, baking powder, salt & spices together. In a bowl, beat butter with brown sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in molasses & egg. Stir in flour mixture.
2. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake until centers are still slightly soft, about 12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
3. Beat confectioners' sugar, milk, peanut butter & vanilla until creamy. Spread cookies with glaze; let stand until set.