Pasta Shells with Shrimp and Garlicky Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound medium pasta shells
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 ounces shredded curly endive (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a medium nonstick frying pan, heat the 2 tablespoons oil over moderate heat. Add the bread crumbs, garlic, and 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until golden, about 5 minutes.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta shells until almost done, about 10 minutes. Add the shrimp to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until both the shrimp and the pasta shells are done, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Drain thoroughly.
In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add the remaining 1/2 cup oil slowly, whisking.
Add the pasta and shrimp, the curly endive, and the 1/3 cup Parmesan to the dressing and toss. Serve the salad warm or at room temperature, topped with the garlic bread crumbs and the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
You'll also love
- Taiwanese Style Fried Pork... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Cranberry Vanilla Smoothie 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Maniladas with White Cheese and... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Pasta with Chicken, Risotto-Style 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Sauteed Shrimp with Beer Pan Sauce 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Couscous-and-Spinach Stuffing 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Tequila Chipotle Shrimp Tacos 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)