- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
- 1 pint strawberries hulled
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Strudel topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan. Pulse strawberries in food processor until chunky.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger, baking powder, and salt; set aside. Cream butter, sugar, and eggs until light and fluffy. Add flour mix and oil. Fold in strawberries.
3. Mix together strudel topping mix until chunky. you want chunks in this.
4. Scrape batter into prepared pan, smoothing top. Top with strudel topping. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour (tent with foil after 45 minutes if top is getting too dark). Cool in pan 10 minutes. Run a knife along the edges to loosen before removing cake to finish cooling.