Chicken, Pork, Shrimp Chow Mein With Fried Noodles
2 woks or 1 wok and one skillet, and 1 pot to boil noodles. It works best if you read ahead and assemble what you need as there are several little steps. Any vegetables and meats can be used.
- Fried noodles:
- 4 oz. egg noodles (find in Asian section)
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- Chicken, pork and shrimp:
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken cut into 1" cubes
- 4 oz. lean pork chop cut into 1" cubes
- 1/2 lb. medium to small shrimp cleaned (set aside for latera0
- 1 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons sherry (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery sliced diagonally in 1/2" pieces
- small bag of precut cabbage and carrots
- 4 green onions white and some green cut in 1/2" pieces cut diagonally
- 2 tablespoons oil extra
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- a few sliced of ginger minced
- Thickening sauce:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch extra
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce extra
- 1 chicken stock cube smashed
Adapted from google.com
Fried Noodles: The part can be made in advance and stored in air tight container.
Add noodles to saucepan of boiling salted water, boil uncovered for 3-4 minutes till done. Rinse under cool water. Prepare cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper spread noodles out and for 3 hours or until almost dry. Heat 1 cup oil in the wok. When hot fry noodle in small batches till brown, stir frequently to avoid burning. Remove cooked noodles and place on paper towel to drain.
Chicken and Pork:
Place chicken and pork into bowl, add 1 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sherry and 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch. Mix well and let stand for 1 hour. Set aside.
In wok or sauce pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add celery, garlic, onions, cabbage and stir fry for 1 minute.
In small dish combine: 1/4 cup water, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 cube of chicken stock. Blend till combined. Set aside.
Next add chicken and pork to vegetables and toss for about 2-3 minutes. Add green onion and shrimp toss just to mix things up. Next add the thickening sauce and continue tossing for 1 minute.
Place fried noodle on edge of large plate and spoon chicken mixture in center.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)