easy hummus with garlic recipe
- 2 cans garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (approximately 2 lemons)
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (more or less depending how much salt is in beans)
- black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
1.Place strainer over medium mixing bowl. Drain garbanzos and reserve liquid, set aside.
2.Add tahini, garlic and lemon juice to bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade. Pulse tahini, garlic and lemon juice until smooth paste forms. Add garbanzo beans and olive oil, process until most lumps are gone.
3.Check consistency of hummus; if too thick, add small amount of reserved liquid from beans. Continue to blend until smooth, adjusting consistency as needed with liquid.
4.Season with salt and pepper and serve with warm pita or fresh veggies!