Sicilian Chicken Salad
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 fresh lemon halved
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup mint leaves - (packed) chopped
- 1 cup olive oil - (to 1 1/4 cups)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 1 whole chicken - (abt 4 lbs) boiled, bones
- removed, and the meat small diced
- 1 cup small-diced red onions
- 1/2 cup small-diced celery
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup sultans or currants soaked in
- 1/2 cup Marsala
- 4 cups arugula cleaned
In a blender, combine the egg, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, and mint leaves. Blend until smooth. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the oil, until the mixture is thick. Season with salt and pepper.
In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, onions, celery, nuts and sultans. Mix thoroughly. Add the emulsion and mix until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the salad with the arugula.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.