Turtle Bars Supreme
Looking for a delicious dessert using Betty Crocker® double chocolate chunk cookie mix? Then check out these layered cocoa bars topped with crunchy pecans.
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee granules or instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 pouch (1 pound 1.5 ounce) double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 2 rolls (1.7 ounces each) milk chocolate covered caramels, cut into fourths
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 225mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°.
Spray bottom and sides of 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, stir coffee granules and water until dissolved, set aside.
In large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, egg and dissolved coffee until soft dough forms. Press in bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes; cool 15 minutes.
In medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and eggs until smooth; fold in caramels and pecans. Gently spread over cookie base. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until set. Cool 30 minutes.
Drizzle caramel topping over bars; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.