Hash Brown Strata
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups frozen loose-pack diced hash brown potatoes with onion and peppers
- 1 cup cut broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup finely chopped turkey bacon or turkey ham (about2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 8-ounce cartons refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh basil springs (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange hash brown potatoes and broccoli in bottom of baking dish; top with turkey bacon or ham. Set aside.
2.Stir milk gradually into flour in a medium bowl. Stir in egg product, half of the cheese, the snipped or dried basil, and black pepper. Our egg mixture over vegetables.
3.Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, garnish with fresh basil sprigs.