Cranberry Spinach Salad
Spinach, toasted almonds and bits of dried cranberries are tossed together in a bowl and dressed with a sweet and tangy vinegar and oil dressing full of sesame and poppy seeds.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- 1 pound spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir almonds in butter until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and let cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach with the toasted almonds and cranberries.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar, and vegetable oil. Toss with spinach just before serving.
You'll also love
- Eating Well Fish Sticks 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach, Chicken, and Wild Rice... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean & Salmon Tostadas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Basil-Tomato Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chicken and Spinach... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Buttermilk White Cake with Coconut 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gooseberry Patch Eclair Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)