- Ingredients (american measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 tbsp seedless tamarind - for a pronounced more sourness, you can add 1/2 tbsp of more tamarind.
- 3/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 or 1.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 or 1 tsp amchur/dry mango powder
- seeds removed from 1 black cardamom (optional)
- a pinch of asafoetida (optional)
- 1 tbsp boondi
- 1/2 or 1 tsp chaat masala powder (optional)
- black salt or rock salt as required
Instructions rinse the mint leaves. also rinse the tamarind ball. first blend all the ingredients except boondi and chaat masala in ½ or ¾ cup water till smooth. then strain through a strainer add 3-4 cups of chilled water to the strained mixture or as required keep in the fridge or serve chilled jaljeera. add boondi and a pinch of chaat masala to jaljeera while serving.