Cream Cheese Stuffed Strawberries
- 2 (1 pound) containers strawberries
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 6 T powdered sugar
- 2 T orange juice (fresh, or from a bottle)
- 1 C cool whip
- 1 t vanilla
- dash salt
Adapted from jamiecooksitup.net
1. Wash your beautiful berries and pat them dry.
2. In your stand mixer, or large mixing bowl, beat 2 packages of softened cream cheese until smooth. Add 6 tablespoons of powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons orange juice, 1 cup cool whip, 1 teaspoon vanilla and a dash of salt. Beat until well combined and smooth.
3. Set the strawberries up on their green stems. With a sharp knife cut a slit through the top of each strawberry, making sure you don’t cut all the way through to the stem.
4. Cut another slit along the top, forming an x pattern.
5. Place a large open star tip in a pastry bag and fill the bag with the cream cheese mixture. If you don’t have a large star tip, or a pastry bag, you could just use a large ziploc bag and cut a small hole in the end.
6. Pipe the cream cheese filling into the cut end of each strawberry.
7. Place a blueberry on the top and set them on a pretty platter. Refrigerate until serving.