Paleo Chocolate Brownies
These brownies contain no nuts, except for coconut flour which is not really a nut, so they are perfect for kids school parties and anyone else avoiding nut flours.
- 2 1/2 cups sweet potato, shredded and grated (using the larger holes of the grater)
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, the real kind
- 1/2 cup raw honey, melted in the microwave if it’s too thick
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (reduce that amount if you prefer a milder chocolate flavor)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from eatdrinkpaleo.com.au
Preheat oven to 365°F (185°C), make sure the oven is hot before you put in the brownies in.
Combine grated sweet potato, eggs, vanilla, honey and olive oil in a large mixing bowl and stir together until well incorporated. Then add baking powder and baking soda and stir. Add cocoa powder, mix and finally add coconut flour. Avoid adding too much coconut flour as it will absorb too much moisture which will result in drier brownies.
After stirring everything together, pour the mixture into a baking tray greased with a little olive oil. Karen used a square tin in which the thickness of the layer came to 1 inch tall. That’s about what you’re after for the best results. Too thin and the brownies might overcook and too tall will result in undercooked middle.
Cook for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the tin and cool for 5 to 10 minutes before carefully removing the brownie cake form the tin. You can cut it in quarters and remove one part at a time if the bottom sticks a little. Leave the brownie cake to cool down before cutting.
Finally, melt some dark chocolate in a bowl over boiling water or in a microwave. Use a spatula to drizzle and spread melted chocolate over the top. Slice into individual serving squares. You can also top them with raspberries or strawberries.
You'll also love
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with... 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Lemon Cake Batter Truffles 4.2/5 (79 Votes)
- Velveeta Shells and Cheese... 3.7/5 (120 Votes)
- Cinnamon Roll Baked Donuts 4.3/5 (56 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Swordfish with Creamy... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Strawberry Cookies with White... 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Lasagna - Instant Pot 4.2/5 (47 Votes)
- Easy Homemade Bread 4.7/5 (14 Votes)