Great Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Decorating icings, semi-sweet chocolate chips, candies, raisins or nuts (optional
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease baking sheets.
In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in nuts and raisins. Drop 1/4 cup dough onto prepared baking sheet; spread into 3-inch circle or oval. Repeat with remaining dough.
Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until cookies are firm and lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; remove to wire racks. Cool completely. Decorate as desired with icing, chips, candies, raisins or nuts.