Skinny Pasta Salad
With all of my potluck needs in mind, I came up with a quick and easy Skinny Pasta Salad recipe that could be shared easily. You can add extra vegetables or change up the dressing to your liking. Or you can even take this dish from a side to a lunch, or even a warm-weather dinner, by adding some lean protein like shrimp or chicken on top!
- 12 oz box tricolor whole wheat pasta
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from skinnymom.com
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta al denté.
2. Drain pasta and let cool.
3. In a large bowl, mix pasta, red pepper, red onion and black olives.
4. Add 1 cup of Italian dressing to pasta and toss to mix well.
5. Chill pasta before serving.