Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- 1 (approx 2lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1″ thick slices
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 large garlic cloves, smashed
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- spray olive oil OR non-stick cooking spray
Adapted from facebook.com
1. Preheat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Pull outer leaf off cabbage (it’s usually dirty and nasty looking), cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1″ thick slices.
2. Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.
3. Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.
4. Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
5. Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy. Serve hot and Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Lemon Pasta Salad (made a day in... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Cheesy Broccoli Orzo 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken, Broccoli &... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Papa John’s Garlic Dipping Sauce 4/5 (104 Votes)
- Easy Cabbage Potato and Smoked... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Rice and Cabbage Casserole 4.6/5 (19 Votes)