- 4 cups diced peeled white potatoes - (abt 2 lbs)
- Salt as needed
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 head garlic roasted, and pulp removed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter see * Note
- 1/2 teaspoon salt see * Note
* Note: Omit the butter and salt if making this recipe for the "Blue Cheese Stuffed Filets With Bacon Mashed Potatoes" (see recipe).
Combine the potatoes and 1 teaspoon of salt in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cover the potatoes with water and cook until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return, the potatoes to the pan and over low heat, stir them with a fork or wire whisk for about 2 minutes to dehydrate them. Add the cream and garlic pulp. Stir to mix well. Add the white pepper. Add the butter and salt or the bacon and bacon fat. Mix well.
This recipe yields 4 servings.