Spinach pear salad with chocolate vinaigrette
Tangy from balsamic vinegar and mellowed with chocolate, this robust vinaigrette stays well blended and also would be great over berries or watermelon.
- 1 oz milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 pkg (6 0z) fresh baby spinach
- 1 large pear, sliced
- 3 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
In a microwave, melt chocolate, stir until smooth. Whisk in the vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper; set aside.
Divide spinach among four salad plates. Top with pear, cranberries and almonds. Drizzle with dressing.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Secretly Healthy Spinach Dip aka... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)