- 1 /4 pound margarine or butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each of finer, allspice and baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins or dates
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons orange juice.
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel.
Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and pumpkin and beat well. Blend flour with spices and soda and sift into creamed mixture. Add nuts, dates or raisins and mix until well blended. Spread evenly into 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes or until sides pull away from pan. Spread with orange glaze immediately.
Makes about 3 dozen 2 inch bars.