Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese Icing
- Icing Ingredients:
- 4 cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins (these are optional, it's great with or without them)
- 1/2 pound cream cheese
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-10 inch tube pan.
2. Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a medium sized plastic bag. Cut the biscuits into halves or quarters and place six to eight biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Shake well.
3. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the greased pan. Continue layering until all the biscuit pieces are coated and in the pan. If you are using raisins, place them among the biscuit pieces as you are layering.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the layered biscuits.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Pull apart and enjoy!
1.Allow cream cheese and butter to get to room temperature.
2. Beat butter and cream cheese together in a large bowl with a mixer.
3. Slowly add in the pound of powdered sugar.
4. After all the powdered sugar is added mix for 12 minutes (do not mix less than that).
5. When almost done, add in the extract and lemon juice