- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 42mins
1. Preheat oven to 400. Combine flour and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl; make a well in the center.
2. Stir together sour cream, and next 4 ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently fold strawberries into batter. Spoon into lightly greased muffin pans, filling 3/4 full.Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup sugar over batter.
3. Bake for 16-18 min or until golden brown.