Blue Cheese Stuffed Filets With Bacon Mashed Potatoes
- 6 ounces bacon chopped
- 4 eight-ounce filet mignons
- 1 cup crumbled Stilton cheese or any type of blue-veined cheese
- Creole seasoning to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion cut 1/8" thick rings
- 1/2 cup Crystal Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup demi-glace
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1 recipe Creamed Potatoes (see reicpe)
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a hot sauté pan, render the bacon until crispy, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
On the side of each filet make a 2-inch slit forming a pocket. Stuff each pocket with 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Season the filets with Creole seasoning.
In oven-proof sauté pan, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, sear the filets for 2 minutes on each side. Place the pan in the oven and roast the filets for 6 to 7 minutes for medium-rare.
Toss the onions with the hot sauce. Season with salt. Dredge the onions in the flour, tapping off any excess. Heat the vegetable oil. Fry the onions until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with Creole seasoning.
Remove the filets from the pan and set aside. Place the sauté pan on the stove. Over medium-high heat, deglaze the pan with the demi-glace and port wine. Remove from the heat and keep warm. Fold the bacon and bacon fat into the Creamed Potatoes.
To assemble, divide the potatoes by 4 and mound the potatoes in the center of each plate. Lay each filet on top of the potatoes. Spoon the pan sauce over each filet. Garnish each plate with the remaining cheese, fried onions and parsley.
This recipe yields 4 main-course servings.
You'll also love
- Beef Hash (Slow cooker) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Semolina's Muffaletta Pasta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Applebee's Onion Petal Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Luby's Cafeteria's Lemon Sour... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ripe Tomato Ketchup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Greek-Style Braised Lamb Shanks 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed... 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with... 4.1/5 (26 Votes)