Frozen Chocolate Cheesecake ****
- 1 1/2 crushed chocolate wafers 1/3 melted butter
- 8-ounce semi-sweet chocolate chips 2 eggs-separated
- 8 ounce package cream cheese at room temperature 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-teaspoon vanilla whipped cream
Preheat oven to 350. Combine wafers and butter in medium bowl and mix ell. Pat in bottom of 9” springform pan (Pat lightly). Bake 10 minutes.
Melt chocolate chips in top of double boiler over hot water. Transfer to small bowl and set aside. Combine cream cheese 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla in processor. Blend in egg yolks. Add melted chocolate and blend well. Beat egg whites in another bowl until stiff. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar to whites and beat well. Fold into batter. Whip cream in another bowl until soft peaks form. Fold cream and pecans into batter. Pour into baked crust. Freeze overnight. To serve: Remove sides of cake with spatula. Slice into wedges and garnish with whipped cream.