Traditional Carrot Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- 2 3/4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Spray Two (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; dust bottom and sides with flour. Set aside.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
Beat eggs, vegetable oil, and SPLENDA® Sugar Blend at medium speed with an electric mixer until batter is smooth. Add flour mixture beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrots, pineapple, walnuts, and coconut.
Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely.
Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake, if desired. Visit www.splenda.com for a delicious Cream Cheese Frosting recipe.