Bacalhau A Gomes De Sa (Salt Cod, Onions And Potatoes)
- 1 1/2 pounds salt cod
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly-sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds white potatoes sliced 1/4" thick, and cooked until tender
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 8 black olives
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh parsley leaves
Soak the cod in cold water to cover for 24 to 36 hours, changing the water occasionally, drain. Flake the cod into small pieces, removing any bones. Set aside.
In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add 1/4 cup of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions and the garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until slightly golden, about 6 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a medium ovenproof casserole dish with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Spread half of the potatoes over the bottom of the prepared dish. Sprinkle half of the salt cod over the potatoes. Place half of the onion mixture over the salt cod. Top the onion mixture with more salt cod. Place another layer of potatoes over the top of the cod. Drizzle the entire pan with the remaining 1/4 cup of oil. Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden.
Place on a serving platter. Garnish with the sliced eggs, olives, and parsley.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Apfelstrudel (Classic Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Angel Food Cake With A Fresh Lemon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini And Shrimp Fritters 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Softshell Crab Niçoise Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Tuna Salad With Wasabi... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salt And Herb Crusted Red Snapper 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Redfish Amandine With Brabant... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tehina Onion Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)