- 1 pound veal escallope
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 recipe Leek Rosti (see recipe)
Season the veal with salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, melt half the butter. Quickly pan-fry the veal for a couple of minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Continue cooking the remaining veal.
With a paper towel, wipe out the sauté pan. Melt the remaining tablespoon of the butter. Add the shallots. Season with salt and pepper and sauté for 1 minute. Add the wine and bring the liquid to a simmer. Cook until the liquid reduces by half. Stir in the cream and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the veal and lemon peel and heat for 1 minute.
To serve, place a quarter of Rosti in the center of each plate. Place some of the slices of veal around the potatoes. Add the parsley to the sauce and mix well. Spoon the sauce over the veal and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (703 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Henke's Hunter's Venison 4.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Goose with Crispy Skin 4.6/5 (34 Votes)