Zucchini And Shrimp Fritters
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne to taste
- 1/2 pound large shrimp peeled, deveined, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Crystal Hot Sauce to taste
- Worcestershire sauce to taste
- 1 pound fresh zucchini grated
- Solid vegetable shortening for deep-frying
- Creole seasoning (Essence) to taste
- Roasted Red Pepper Emulsion (see recipe)
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions. Season with salt and pepper and sauté for about 3 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and sauté until the shrimp turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
Make a batter by combining the eggs, milk, baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and the cayenne. Add the flour, 1/4 cup at a time, beating and incorporating until all is used and the batter is smooth. Stir in the parsley. Season the batter with hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Season the zucchini with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp mixture and grated zucchini to the batter and fold to mix.
Heat the shortening to 360 degrees. Drop the batter, a heaping tablespoon at a time, into the hot oil. When the fritters pop to the surface, roll them around with a slotted spoon in the oil to brown them evenly. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with Creole seasoning and serve with the Roasted Red Pepper Emulsion.
This recipe yields about 2 dozen.
You'll also love
- White Almond Gazpacho With Melon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sugared Popcorn 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Softshell Crab Niçoise Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Tuna Salad With Wasabi... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Balsamic Poussin With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marinated Crab Claws 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tofu Pumpkin Pie With Pecan... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Roulade With Tequila Lime... 0/5 (0 Votes)