Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice with a mixer until blended.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Add oil and mix well.
5. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan on a rack.
6. Making the icing: In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk and lemon extract with a mixer until smooth.
7. When loaf is cooled, remove from pan and frost top with icing.