Luisa's Orange Juice Cookies
My cousin Luisa is a phenomenal cook and baker and uses many recipes from her birthplace, Sulmona, Italy.
- 12 eggs
- 5 cups sugar
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 small bottle almond extract
- 1 small bottle lemon extract
- 1 small bottle cannelle
- 2 pounds crisco
- 12 teaspoons baking powder
- 10 cups flour (more if too wet)
- 2 - 3 pounds confectioners sugar
- add about 1 oz lemon extract and water.
Combine crisco with sugar. Add eggs and mix until blended thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined. Drop 2 teaspoonfuls on parchment lined rimmed cookie sheet and bake at 375°
Glaze while warm.