Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped (for garnishing)
Pour 3 quarts of water in a 5-qt stock pot and add 1 tsp of salt. Bring the water to a boil, then add the cauliflower. Cook for about 8 minutes, or until well done.
Drain well then pat the cooked cauliflower dry between several layers of paper towels. Remove as much water as possible.
In a food processor or a bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, purée the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, salt, pepper and butter until almost smooth. Serve immediately.