Penne with Asparagus and Smoked Salmon
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, cut on a diagonal (2-3 in length)
- cup unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- cup pinot grigio or other dry white wine
- cup half & half
- cup heavy cream
- teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 pound penne pasta (dry weight) boiled /cooked according to package directions and drained
- cup pine nuts, toasted
- cup fresh grated asiago cheese
Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a boil.
Add the asparagus and blanch uncovered for about 2-3 minutes just until tender.
Drain asparagus and set aside. In a large skillet over medium heat melt the butter.
Toss in the cooked asparagus, garlic, and pepper. Increase heat to high and add the wine.
Stir constantly for 2 minutes. Reduce heat back to medium and add the half & half, cream and salt.
Gently break up the smoked salmon into bite sized pieces and add to the skillet.
Simmer for 3-4 minutes just until salmon is heated thru, stirring occasionally being careful not to break up the salmon too much.
Toss in the cooked penne and stir until its evenly coated with the cream and asparagus mixture.
Serve garnished with toasted pine nuts and asagio cheese.
You'll also love
- Spaghetti with Chorizo and Olives 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled chicken with cucumber,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Articoke & tomato Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken Pasta on the Lighter... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey sesame scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Stir Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Halibut Provenccccccccial 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asparagus soup 0/5 (0 Votes)