Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Shitake Mushroom Sauce
- 1 c water
- 1 oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/2 lb pork sausage
- 2 sm onions, chopped
- 5 c coarsley chopped fresh shitake mushrooms(3/4 lb)
- 1 1/2 t minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 t sage
- 5 c soft bread crumbs
- 3 T minced fresh parsley
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 1/4 lb each)
- 1 1/4 t salt
- 3/4 t pepper
- 2 T butter
- 3 T flour
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
In a small saucepan, bring water and porcini mushrooms to boil. Remove from heat; let stand 20-30min until mushrooms are soft. Using slotted spoon, remove mushrooms; finely chop and set aside. Strain soaking liquid through fine meshstrainer, reserving 2/3c.
In large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink. Remove with slotted spoon. Remove drippings, reserving 2T. Saute 4c shitake mushrooms in reserved drippings until tender.
Add rosemary, sage, porcini mushrooms and 1/3c mushroom soaking liquid; cook 2min longer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs,2T parsley and sausage.
Make a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to 1/2in of bottom. Open so meat lies flat. Cover with plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4in to 1/2in thickness. Remove wrap.
Spoon half of stuffing down center of each tenderloin. Close roasts; tie several times with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks. Sprinkle each roast with 1/2t salt and 1/4t pepper.
Place tenderloins on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425* for about 35-45min or until thermometer inserted reads 145*. Let stand 5min before slicing.
In a small saucepan, saute remaining shitake mushrooms in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir. Gradually add broth and remaining 1/3c mushroom soaking liquid. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2min until thickened. Stir in remaining parsley, salt and pepper. Serve with pork.
You'll also love
- Orange Glazed Carrots 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Crunch Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn Pudding w Scallions and Red... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin Sandwich 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Cider Cream 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skinny Salisbury Steak with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lasagna: Wild Mushroom and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dinner-Week 3-Shitake Mushrooms... 0/5 (0 Votes)