Chicken and Asparagus in White Wine Sauce
- 4 6 ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3.4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly round black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all urpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat free, less sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy plastic wrap; pound to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle chicken breasts evenly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Melt buter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add wine, broth, and garlic to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 2 minutes. Add asparagus; cover and cook 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp tender. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and juice. Serve asparagus and sauce with chicken.