Marinated Grilled Chicken with Lemon Gremolata
- 1/2 of a preserved lemon (rind only), minced*
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breast, split
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. preserved lemon (rind only), minced
- Couscous (plain or flavored variety, prepared according to package directions)
- Baby tomatoes, sliced to taste
- Green onions, sliced, to taste
- Red onions, diced to taste
Whisk together the first six ingredients in a large glass bowl; add chicken breast halves and turn to coat. Marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator, up to 8 hours. Remove chicken from marinade and grill over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with the tip of a knife. Remove to a non-wooden cutting board and let sit 5 minutes, then slice into 1/2 inch thick slices.
Stir together parsley, garlic and preserved lemon rind to make the gremolata. If desired, garnish couscous with tomatoes, green onions and red onions.
Serve sliced chicken over prepared couscous; top with lemon gremolata. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Tip: If you don't have an preserved lemons on hand, there's a simple substitute. Thinly slice a fresh lemon, and slowly saute it in olive oil, salt and sugar until very tender. Slice it and use it just like preserved lemon.