Lemon-Basil Butter Cookies
- 1 cup fresh lemon-basil leaves*
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
Process basil and 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor until blended.
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar, beating well. Add lemon juice and egg, beating until blended. Gradually add flour and basil mixture, beating until blended.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Garnish, if desired.
* Plain fresh basil leaves may be substituted for lemon-basil leaves.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)