Potato and Herb Frittata
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large russet potatoes, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced chilies
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs or oregano
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup skim/lowfat milk
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a (10-12” non-stick) skillet over medium heat. Place potatoes in the skillet sautee for approximately 10-15 minutes. Get some great color on the potatoes, but make sure the potatoes are still semi-firm.
2. Mix in the chopped yellow onion, and garlic. Saute for about 5 more minutes.
3. Add in the spinach, allowing to wilt slightly.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat to medium low.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk up the eggs milk and salsa, pinch of salt.
6. Gently pour into the skillet over the vegetables. Cook for another 5-7 minutes and finish off under the broiler (on high) for a few minutes until slightly golden brown on top…
7. Serve with a side of salsa and enjoy!