per serving: 697 calories, 33g fat (19g saturated), 43g protein, 54g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 559mg sodium, 195mg cholesterol
- 1/4 C flour
- 3/4 C plain bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz. mozzarella, cut into 6 pieces 2 inches long
- 6 boneless, skinless, thin-sliced chicken breasts (about 4 oz. each), pounded out to 1/4 inch thickness
- 3/4 C butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. dried thyme (or 1 T fresh)
- 1/4 plus 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C dry white wine
- 3/4 lb. dried angel hair pasta
- 1/4 C grated parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat oven to 350°. Coat a 13x9x2 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Place flour and bread crumbs in separate shallow plates. Beat eggs in a medium size bowl.
Place a piece of mozzarella on one short end of each chicken breast and roll up tightly. Tuck loose ends in.
Coat each chicken roll with flour, dip in the egg and roll in the bread crumbs. Place seam-side down in prepared dish.
Melt butter in small saucepan and stir in parsley, thyme and 1/4 tsp. salt. Pour mixture over chicken rolls. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Pour wine over the chicken and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare angel hair pasta following package directions. Drain and place in large serving bowl.
Remove chicken from baking dish and place on serving platter. Season with remaining 1/8 tsp. salt. Pour butter and wine mixture from baking dish over pasta and toss with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.