Redfish Amandine With Brabant Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds Idaho potatoes peeled, medium diced
- 4 redfish fillets - (6 oz ea)
- Creole Seasoning to taste
- 2 cups flour seasoned
- 2 eggs beaten with
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup parsley sprigs - (packed)
Preheat the fryer to 365 degrees. Fry the potatoes until golden brown. Season the fillets and flour with Creole Seasoning. Dredge the fillets in the seasoned flour, coating completely. Dip each fillet in the egg wash, letting the excess drip off. Dredge the fillets back into the seasoned flour, coating completely.
In a large cast iron skillet, over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of the butter. When the butter is hot, pan-fry the fillets until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Remove the potatoes from the fryer and drain on paper towels. Season with salt.
In a large saute pan, over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the shallots, garlic and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the potatoes and continue to saute for 1 minute. Remove the fish from the pan and drain on paper towels.
Wipe out the skillet. Melt the remaining butter. Add the almonds. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 1 minute or until the almonds are golden. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and the chopped parsley.
Fry the parsley sprigs until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, spoon the potatoes in the center of each plate. Lay the fish on top of the potatoes. Spoon the almond butter sauce over the fish. Garnish with fried parsley.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Roasted Garlic Polenta Napoleon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Holiday Turkey With Apple-Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli And Goat Cheese Quiche 3/5 (1 Votes)
- Broiled Scallops With Honey-Lime... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Halibut With An... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tony Roma's Carolina Honeys BBQ... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)