Potato Gnocchi With A Gorgonzola Sauce
- 1 pound baking potatoes washed
- Oil as needed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup flour plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound gorgonzola cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Season the potatoes with the oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
Peel the potatoes, discarding the skin, and place in a bowl. With a hand potato masher, mash the potatoes until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add the egg and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the flour.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup flour on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Turn the dough onto the floured surface and roll into a log, about 1-inch thick. Cut the dough into 1-inch pieces. Roll each piece across the tines of a fork.
In a large saucepan, combine the milk, water, 1 teaspoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Bring the liquid just to a boil. Add the gnocchi and poach for 5 minutes. Remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon and drain.
Place the cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Whisk in the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Toss the gnocchi with the cream sauce. Spoon onto a large serving platter. Garnish with black pepper.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Patrick Clarks Lemon Pudding... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta And Swiss Chard In Broth... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leek Rosti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crispy Sea Bass, Yukon Gold Potato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni With Calamari... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Angel Hair Pasta With Black... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stewed Exotic Mushrooms With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gnocchi With Spicy Tomato And Wine... 0/5 (0 Votes)