Penne with Rich Pork and Tomato Ragu
One of my all-time favorite Slimming World recipes. Delicious alternative to a standard Spaghetti Bolognese and also very child-friendly.
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 500 g extra lean pork, minced
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved (198 g)
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tabelspoon concentrated chicken stock
- 8 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 400 g dried penne
Place a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chili and stir fry 2-3 minutes. Add pork and cinnamon and stir fry an additional 3-4 minutes.
Add tomatoes, stock and chopped basil and bring to the boil. Season well, cover tightly and cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
While sauce is cooking, cook the pasta. Drain and return to the saucepan. Pour over the meat sauce. Toss to mix well. Serve with cottage cheese (yum!).
You'll also love
- Machine Shed Baked Potato Soup 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Martha Stewart's Pumpkin Cupcakes 3.4/5 (17 Votes)
- BBQ Short Ribs - Beef Flanken 3.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Beef and Noodles au Gratin (Weight... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple Glazed Pork Chops (Low Carb) 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Atkins Chicken with Tomato-Cream... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Macaroni with Ground Beef Spanish... 3.2/5 (5 Votes)