Mozzarella and Olive Orzo
- 12 oz block mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz uncooked orzo
- 2 Tb butter
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 2 c. celery, chopped
- 2 Tb flour
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 28 oz can plum tomatos, drained
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 2.25 oz cans sliced olives, drained
Preheat oven to 350. Grease shallow 3 QT baking dish.
Cut 4 oz of mozzarella into thin strips, cut remianing cheese into cubes. set aside
Cook orzo in a large saucepan according to pkg directions. Drain and transfer to large bowl.
Melt butter with oil in saucepan over medium heat; add onion and saute until tender. Add celery and saute 5 min.
Stir in flour and saute for 3 mins, stir in broth and next 3 ingredients. Cook stirring constantly for 5 mins. Stir tomato mixture, cheeese cubes, olives into orzo.
Spoon into baking dish, arrange cheese strips on top. Bake 45 mins.
You'll also love
- Pan Seared Trout with Mint... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Boston Market Butternut Squash 0/5 (0 Votes)
- D'amico & Son's Turkey with Dried... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Black Cherry Sherry Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Rissoles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta alla Insalata Caprese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni Fish Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine With Sea Urchins 0/5 (0 Votes)