Mozzarella and Olive Orzo
- 12 oz block mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz uncooked orzo
- 2 Tb butter
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 2 c. celery, chopped
- 2 Tb flour
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 28 oz can plum tomatos, drained
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 2.25 oz cans sliced olives, drained
Preheat oven to 350. Grease shallow 3 QT baking dish.
Cut 4 oz of mozzarella into thin strips, cut remianing cheese into cubes. set aside
Cook orzo in a large saucepan according to pkg directions. Drain and transfer to large bowl.
Melt butter with oil in saucepan over medium heat; add onion and saute until tender. Add celery and saute 5 min.
Stir in flour and saute for 3 mins, stir in broth and next 3 ingredients. Cook stirring constantly for 5 mins. Stir tomato mixture, cheeese cubes, olives into orzo.
Spoon into baking dish, arrange cheese strips on top. Bake 45 mins.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (884 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (886 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (740 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (688 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (674 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (497 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks 4.4/5 (153 Votes)