- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp Sambai Oelek chili paste (asian markets)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp (shells intact)
- 1 heaping tbsp chopped cilantro
In a saucepan over low heat, melt 1 tbsp of butter, Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes
Add the remaining 3 tbsp butter to the saucepan. When it melts add the lime, chili paste, salt and pepper. Stir throughly.
In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the shrimp 2 minutes ir until they are firm and pink. Drain into a colander, shaking to remove access moisture.
In a large bowl, toss the shrimp and chili sauce. sprinkle with cilantro and toss again.