HCG Diet (P3) "Healthy" Peanut Butter Eggs
No need to worry about your waste line with these yummy, good for your tummy Peanut Butter Eggs treat.
- PEANUT BUTTER EGGS
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese or coconut cream, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, softened
- 1 (18-ounce) jar creamy natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup splenda
- CHOCOLATE COATING
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup splenda
- 7 drops liquid stevia
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Beat in sweetener. Form rounded tablespoonfuls into egg shapes. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes.
Place the butter and chopped chocolate in a double boiler (or in a heat safe dish over a pot of boiling water). Stir well until just melted, add in the cream, and sweetener. Stir until smooth and thick. Dip eggs until coated; place on waxed paper to harden.
For more decorative eggs, place about 1/4 cup melted chocolate in a small plastic bag. Cut a hole in the corner of the bag; pipe chocolate over tops of eggs. Store in the refrigerator. Makes 16 eggs.
NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per serving)
1 Reeces PB Egg = 90 calories, 9 carbs, 0 fiber
1 "Healthified" Egg = 79 calories, 2.9 carbs, 2 fiber