Chicken with Vegetable Cream Sauce
An easy cream sauce recipe made with Marie Callender's Classic Chicken and Rice Soup, onion and cream cheese tops sauteed chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless thin-sliced chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (15 oz each)Marie Callender's® Classic Chicken & Rice Soup
- 1/4 cup cream cheese spread (from 8-oz container)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from mariecallendersmeals.com
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Add half of chicken to skillet. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once; set aside.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet, cook remaining chicken; set aside.
Add onion to skillet; cook 4 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle flour over onion; cook and stir 1 minute more.
Stir in soup; bring to a boil. Add cream cheese; stir until cream cheese is melted completely. Return chicken to skillet; reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes more or until chicken is hot.