Beef Kabobs - Haitian Voodoo Sticks
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 10 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Other options include veggies (bell peppers, onions, zucchini, etc)
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Dissolve bouillon in water. Stir in the garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Toss the meat in the marinade, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Preheat a grill for high heat.
Skewer the beef cubes, using 6 to 8 pieces per skewer. Pour the oil onto a plate, and roll the skewers in it to coat them on all sides.
Grill the skewers, turning frequently, until the beef has turned light pink, 5 - 10 minutes.