Creme Brulee Cheesecake Bars
From Betty Crocker. Makes 36 bars.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1 box (4-serving size) French vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs plus 3 egg yolks
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup toffee bits, finely chopped
Heat oven to 350F. Lightly spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, pudding mix, brown sugar, melted butter, 1 teaspoon of the vanilla and 1 whole egg until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of pan.
In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add remaining whole egg, 3 egg yolks and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread over crust in pan.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set in center. Immediately sprinkle top with crushed toffee bits. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.